Exercise & Nutrition
Activities like walking the dog, gardening, an exercise class or gym session all count towards you being active during your day. The activity increases the blood flow around the body, can strengthen organs like the lungs and heart, and even lower blood pressure for up to 24hrs after.
• Choose a variety of grains daily; half of your daily grains should come from whole grains.
• Choose a variety of fruits and vegetables daily.
• Choose a diet that is low in saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol.
• Choose foods and beverages that are low in added sugar.
• Choose and prepare foods with little salt.
• If you drink alcoholic beverages, do so in moderation.
• Balance the calories you take in with the calories you expend through physical activity.